Software for Start-ups
New start-up or venture on the horizon? Let us help you with the most challenging aspect of starting a business: developing your software application
At DCSL, we understand that the business challenges of a start-up are different to that of established companies. When you’re starting a new business or venture you don’t have all the answers, and this is something our skilled team of product developers and consultants are aware of; sometimes you need to test the water before committing to a full project. From initial planning, through to launch and delivery, DCSL’s experts ensure client requirements are being met meticulously.
As we’re a small start-up company, DCSL very much mentored us in technical areas that neither my boss nor I had the expertise in, especially on the IT side. Read more.
Start-up Software Development
We have created bespoke software for new ventures and start-ups since 1994. Clients have experienced success with mobile apps and desktop products, to SaaS platforms and White Labelled products. We can provide clients with long-term subscription-based revenue through:
- Creation of an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) to prove that a commercial and technical model will work. Once the market has been tested DCSL then move on to the next phase of complete feature development.
- Leveraging any work already completed by taking a simple test version of the software produced and turning it into a solid, reliable product.
Working with DCSL on a New Venture or Start-up
We incorporate the Agile approach into our developments for all clients, including new ventures and start-ups. This means all clients get complete visibility of the project’s progress and timescales.
At DCSL, we pride ourselves on delivering software with the following benefits as standard:
- Automatic discounts. As an entrepreneurial organisation supporting new ventures, we automatically apply discounts on our daily rates for new start-ups on their projects.
- Speed to delivery. We can quickly and efficiently conceptualise, design and build a finished application.
- We offer to fully integrate client software with other applications or with the hardware of their choice.
- Fully hosted service. We can host using public cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure or AWS. DCSL is an accredited Microsoft Cloud Solutions Provider.
- Support and maintenance. Our in-house UK helpdesk will provide the option of ongoing support in line with agreed SLAs, or a 1-year break-fix warranty.
- Full training and documentation. Although rarely needed due to the intuitive design of our applications, we offer complete training – on site or in our Farnborough and central London offices.
- Complete Intellectual Property (IP) ownership. Our clients will always own the IP rights to the finished product, which means they are not tied in to any licensing contracts.
The DCSL leadership became very engaged with what we were doing. We were not just another customer to them. They were genuinely interested in how they could help us and provide alternative approaches. Read more.
DCSL Software Development for Start-ups
Our secret to creating successful solutions for our clients is our ability to genuinely understand the needs and requirements behind a brief. We spend time uncovering all the features and design elements that are important to the end users and work in close collaboration with all our client to ensure these are incorporated in the best possible way.
At DCSL we thrive on creating exciting, useful and unique products. From the ingenious food waste monitoring app Chef’s Eye, complete with analytics platform as well as integration with scales and camera, to the Lego-style scheduling tool Bit Planner – we welcome any project, however difficult or quirky it may be.