Data Acquisition (DAQ) Software
From the creation of a system for monitoring food wastage in restaurants, to the complexity of managing the production of pharmaceutical tablets; we’ve worked with a vast array of industry sectors to create DAQ solutions that drive innovation, create cost efficiencies and automate processes.
What is Data Acquisition (DAQ)?
Data acquisition is the process of measuring a physical or electrical phenomenon such as temperature, current, voltage or sound with a computer. In its basic form, it requires four components:
- Hardware – the physical entity that you want to extract data from. For example, a thermometer, camera, lasers, weighing scales, a measuring device or robot.
- A Sensor – a device that converts the analog signal from the hardware into digital data for processing by a computer.
- Software – a program that tells the hardware what tasks to perform, e.g. what measurements to take. Application software lies at the core of modern data acquisition systems
- A Connector (technical term “communication bus”) to transfer the information between the hardware and a computer. The most common connectors are USB cables, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet connections.
How we can help you
Whether you need software that interfaces with a single hardware device or multiple devices, we can build it for you. We can create mobile, tablet, web or desktop-based applications that are connected to either a cloud based or local database.
But that’s only half the story; to be useful, your system needs a front-end that’s completely user-friendly. That’s why we’ll include elements such as:
- a custom user interface (UI) dashboard – whether that’s predetermined or customisable for each user – so it’s easy and quick for you and other users to visualise and understand the data retrieved from your hardware
- the ability to securely store large amounts of data or numerous tests indefinitely, enabling data manipulation at a later date
- quick and simple reporting that can be emailed or printed: generate as many reports as you need using a variety of filters
- automatic email alerts that are triggered when readings go outside of certain parameters
Examples of DAQ Software we’ve created
We’ve worked with many different industry sectors and companies. Here are just a few examples of the software we’ve created:
- A web-based temperature recording and reporting system for Cocoms, a specialist in health and food compliance services. Information is transferred between third party hardware – the Saf-T-Log thermometer – and PC via USB, without any need for user intervention.
- A desktop application to monitor food wastage in restaurants. This systems runs on a Windows Tablet, which reads data from electronic weighing scales as well as a USB camera. All the data is then sent up into the cloud for a reporting system.
- A desktop application that manages the tools used in the production of pharmaceutical tablets. The multi-language application supports European, Arabic and Asian languages and interfaces with measuring tools and lasers via USB and RS232, conforming to applicable FDA regulations.
For more information on all the things that we offer as part of our service, take a look at our Working With Us page.
If we can help connect your hardware with software, give our team a call on 01252 235422.