Application Support & Maintenance
From priority bug-fixing to our in-house helpdesk; we’ll support and maintain your software throughout its lifecycle, even if we didn’t build it.
Technology updates and upgrades, along with changes to your business, can mean that your software application doesn’t work as well as it once used to. For this reason, it’s important that your software is maintained and supported so that your users continue to gain the maximum benefits from all of the functionality.
About our application support
Once applications are delivered, we don’t just walk away – we’re in it for the long-term. Even if you’re not an existing DCSL customer, we’ll take on your application or system and provide full, consistent and dedicated support for the remainder of its life.
For existing customers, our support agreements are integrated with the software we provide, so you get full, uninterrupted access to our support organisation from the moment your system is launched, including.
- priority bug fixing
- assistance with any functionality you or your end-users (customers) are unfamiliar with
- access to our in-house helpdesk
- telephone and email support
- background system maintenance
- database maintenance and analysis
- remote support – taking over your or your end user’s PC to solve problems directly
- restoring from backup, if required
- rolling data back or merging data from previous versions, when needed
- importing and exporting data
- account management and meetings
- source code retention (physical), or knowledge (understanding of)
We work to a clear Service Level Agreement (SLA), which means we’re committed to responding to your needs quickly through our in-house front line support team, our developers and our online helpdesk system.
If you’d rather not receive ongoing support from us, we’re still happy to provide a 1 year break-fix warranty.
All support requests are logged in our in-house online helpdesk system and tracked by our dedicated helpdesk support staff. If our support team cannot solve the problem or answer the question immediately, they will escalate the issue to a member of the development or Quality Assurance (QA) team so your problem can be rapidly resolved or your question answered by the relevant in-house expert.
You will be given access to the online helpdesk facility so you can monitor any support requests you have submitted and add detail to them, if required. Our helpdesk is available 9am – 5.30 pm weekdays and is regularly monitored out of hours.
As well as our online helpdesk, you can also get in touch by telephone or via email – whatever’s the most convenient for you.
If you are an existing customer of DCSL Software and looking for support now:
Step 1: Please email email@example.com and provide:
- a full description of the problem
- details of the actions you took before the error occurred
- a screenshot of the display once the error has occurred – seeing what you’re seeing often helps us fix the problem quicker.
To take a screen shot:
- click the [Print Screen] button (most likely at the top right of your keyboard). Nothing will appear to happen, but the computer has stored a picture of your screen in its memory
- open Microsoft Word and press [CTRL] + [V] to paste the image into the document
- save this document and send it to us along with your email describing what happened before the error occurred
- On receiving your email, a ticket will be created in our Helpdesk system, and a confirmation email sent back to you. Your ticket will then be triaged and assigned to one of our development team for action.
Step 2: If your issue is urgent, please complete step 1, then call us directly on 01252 235422. This course of action should be used if the issue compromises your ability to work, or the working experience of your customers.
If you’re interested in finding out more about how we can deliver first-class application support, give our team a call on 020 3096 6199.