Application Support & Maintenance
From priority bug-fixing, technical investigations and change requests, we’ll support and maintain your software throughout its life, even if we didn’t build it.
Technology updates and upgrades, along with changes to your business, can mean that your software application doesn’t work as well for your business as it once used to. For this reason, it’s important that your software is maintained and supported so that your users continue to gain the maximum benefits from its functionality.
DCSL Application Support Services
Once applications are delivered, we don’t just walk away – we’re in it for the long-term. Even if a client is not an existing DCSL customer we can take any application or system and provide full, consistent and dedicated support for the remainder of its life.
For existing clients, our support agreements are integrated with the software we provide. This means clients get full, uninterrupted access to our support organisation from the moment the system is launched.
We work to an agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), which means we’re committed to responding to client needs quickly through our in-house front-line support team and our development & QA team.
At DCSL we take pride in being able to help anybody who contacts us. Even if we didn’t build a client’s software, we can take it on and provide full support. Having supported clients since 1994 our experts revel in learning new systems and new technologies, so no matter how complex an application is, we have the talent to be able to provide the exact support and maintenance needed. It’s this attitude that enables us to adopt the systems of many businesses and facilitate a seamless system takeover with ongoing unparalleled support.
There are lots of reasons why bespoke software projects fail, or your new software isn’t fit for purpose; but the fallout is usually that you’re left in a mess with an incomplete or failing system and a business that’s suffering as a result. Your priority is to get things back on track – and fast!
We have helped a variety of different clients, both large and small, recover from troubling situations such as:
- Offshore outsourced projects that are poor quality or unfinished
- Software produced that isn’t fit for purpose
- Development companies or developers going out of business mid-project
- A developer is an independent consultant and has moved on
- Falling out with a development company or developer due to project slippage or poor quality
- Software produced uses bad or outdated programming languages
Our experts can quickly get to the root of any problem, explain what has happened and devise a plan of action to rectify the issues efficiently. This means our clients can focus on the day-to-day running of their business whilst we handle the technical challenges.
Some of the ways we have rescued software projects include:
- Recovering “lost” source code from compiled executables or web servers
- Rebuilding broken source code repositories so in-house teams can work on the system again
- Tuning poorly performing databases
- Taking on old systems written in obsolete programming languages, maintaining them and then updating them with new technology
- Rewriting or fixing bugs in poor quality systems
- Documenting code
- Decoding complicated binary files so our customer can read and process supposedly lost data
- A full description of the problem
- Details of the actions you took before the error occurred
- A screenshot of the display once the error has occurred – seeing what you’re seeing enables us to fix the problem quicker
- Click the [Print Screen] button (most likely at the top right of your keyboard). Nothing will appear to happen, but the computer has stored a picture of your screen in its memory
- Open Microsoft Word and press [CTRL] + [V] to paste the image into the document
- Save this document and send it to us along with your email describing what happened before the error occurred
- On receiving your email, a ticket will be created in our Helpdesk system, and a confirmation email sent back to you. Your ticket will then be triaged and assigned to one of our development team for action.
Support & Maintenance Process
All support and development change requests are logged in our in-house online helpdesk system and tracked by our dedicated helpdesk support staff. If our support team cannot solve the problem or answer the question immediately – or if the ticket is related to a new feature development – they will escalate the issue to a member of the Development or Quality Assurance (QA) team so that any issue can be rapidly resolved or implemented by the relevant in-house expert.
Each client is given access to the online helpdesk facility, giving the ability to monitor any support requests submitted and the option to add detail to them, if required. Our helpdesk is available 9am – 5.30 pm weekdays and is regularly monitored out of hours.
Clients can also get in touch via email or telephone.
Existing DCSL Customers
Current DCSL clients have peace of mind that we look after everything to do with hosting an application, including maintenance and upgrades. This means businesses are not affected by downtime if something fails.
If you are an existing customer of DCSL and are looking for support now:
Step 1: Please email email@example.com and provide:
To take a screen shot:
Step 2: If your issue is urgent, please complete Step 1, then call us directly on 01252235422. This course of action should be used if the issue compromises your ability to work, or the working experience of your customers.