Technical Business Analyst
We are looking for Technical Business Analysts to join our Solution Architecture team, in one of our thriving offices in London or Hampshire. As a Technical Business Analyst, you will have some good technical understanding and a passion and flair for working directly with clients, helping them to define their requirements, and conceptually designing software. You will know what is and is not possible and will use this knowledge to help and guide clients.
At DCSL Software, you will be given the opportunity to be exposed to new tech, interesting and varied projects, as well as continued opportunities for career development.
What you’ll do:
In this role, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions with clients, sometimes in a consultative manner. These will predominantly be face to face, but on occasions may be conducted via video conference
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Producing prototypes/wireframes and writing user stories and/or functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe
- Leading technical design sessions and writing technical design documents when requested
- Managing with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring a quality solution is delivered
- Accurately reporting the project status at weekly management meetings
- Taking ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of project
Occasionally the Technical Business Analyst may have to:
- Participate in pre-sales activities
- Conduct appraisals and other HR related duties
- Travel to meet customers
- Create the conceptual software design and then hand over to a Technical Architect for the in-depth development work
Experience & Skills:
The role requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- The ability to work collaboratively within a remotely located team environment and deliver under aggressive timelines
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints
- An ability to visualise and explain the difference between UX tools and their functionality, which can only come from a deep understanding of the various options
- An ability to show empathy with customers and act calmly and professionally when faced with their frustrations if they arise
Desirable technical skills include:
- Knowledge of, or exposure to working with .NET(core), C#
- Experience of ASP.NET(core) WebApi, MVC
- Experience of ORM systems such as EF(core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc.
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Good and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
Candidates have the option to work in our Central London or Farnborough office. Our London office is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo station and our Head Office in Farnborough is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities.
Initially this role will be remote, in-line with lock-down and social distancing guidelines, which will be consistently reviewed.
Salary & Benefits:
Annual salary of up to £75,000 (dependent on experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Pizza Fridays – After every company meeting, we order pizza!
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life-cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET Core)
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- As a Microsoft partner, DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications
Contact [email protected] for more information on this role.