Technical Solution Architect
About the Job:
DCSL Software Limited has an opening for a talented Technical Architect to join their rapidly expanding team based in either their Farnborough or London office. We are offering the opportunity to work on the latest technologies in the Microsoft stack, dealing with a range of exciting small and large clients. Candidates without Technical Architectural experience but with 5+ years of software development experience and a passion for working directly with clients and designing software will be considered.
DCSL Software Limited is a UK leading software house, developing bespoke software systems and packages. They design intelligent, cost-effective and intuitive web, desktop and mobile applications that help streamline processes for businesses. In addition, companies outsource the creation of licensed software products to DCSL for development, testing, implementation and hosting. They work with clients such as the NHS, Willis and Skanska just to name a few.
The role responsibilities include:
- Conducting requirements gathering sessions with clients. These will predominantly be face to face, but on occasions may be conducted via video conference.
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process.
- Producing a prototype and writing functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe.
- Leading technical design sessions and writing technical design documents when requested.
- Managing with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring a quality solution is delivered.
- Being responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Accurately reporting the project status at weekly management meetings.
- Conducting code reviews and highlighting where code needs to be reworked.
- Ensuring that company standards and processes are communicated with development team and followed.
- Managing a number of different projects concurrently
Occasionally the Solution Architect may have to:
- Participate in pre-sales activities.
- Conduct appraisals and other HR related duties.
- Travel to meet customers.
The following technical knowledge is a pre-requisite:
- Hands on experience of .Net, C#
- Hands on experience of MVC, WebApi, EF particularly code first.
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS.
- Awareness of Kendo UI.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases.
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development.
- Good and up to date understanding of Azure environment and technologies.
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum.
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual.
The Role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers.
- Pragmatism when faced with issues.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a remotely located team environment and deliver under aggressive timelines.
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints.
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging.
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. MVC5).
- Join a growing organisation to work with established IT experts to ensure your full potential as a software architect.
- As a Microsoft partner DCSL supports your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications.
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.
- This role is based within an hour’s commute of Kingston-Upon-Thames, Guildford, Basingstoke, Camberley, Woking, Aldershot, Bracknell, Fleet, Staines-Upon-Thames, Weybridge, Reading, SW London, and Maidenhead.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity please give me a call on 01252 235422 or drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org.