We have an opening for a Technical Architect to join our team. As a Technical Architect, you will be an expert Developer, comfortable mentoring and teaching others and leading the technical implementation of very difficult projects alongside the Solution Architect. You will be logical, ahead of others with bleeding edge technologies and proficient with code reviews.
You will be working with C# and the .Net Core framework to develop bespoke software for a range of clients.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Architect, you will be involved in designing, developing and maintaining a variety of bespoke software systems. Your duties will include:
- Providing reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process
- Keeping Solution Architects updated with cutting-edge development tools and methodologies
- Dealing with multiple projects concurrently
Occasionally the Technical Architect may have to:
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, but mostly this will be done by the Solution Architect;
- Participate in pre-sales activities;
- Travel to meet customers
Experience & Skills:
- Expert knowledge of .NET (core), C#
- Exceptional hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi and MVC
- Deep experience and in-depth knowledge of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc.
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development
- Very strong and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual
The Role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward
- An awareness of the project budget and commercial constraints
- Superior development skills and the ability to identify reusable code opportunities
- Handling customer interactions with patience and calmness; an understanding that technical knowledge is different between you and them, and that they may become frustrated
We are hiring for this in either our Head Office in Farnborough, which is a 10 minute walk from Farnborough Main station and close to the town centre and local amenities, or in our Central London office, which is a 10-minute walk from Waterloo stations or 5-minutes from Southwark.
Initially this role will be remote, in-line with lock-down and social distancing guidelines, which will be consistently reviewed.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of up to £75,000 (dependent on experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Pizza Fridays – After every company meeting, we order pizza!
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET 5).
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- As a Microsoft partner DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications