DCSL Software are currently recruiting for a Technical Architect to join our Development Team. An expert Developer, comfortable mentoring and teaching others and leading technically very difficult projects. Logical, ahead of others with bleeding edge technologies and proficient with code reviews. Excellent database design skills, and understanding of coding implications associated with this, ensuring code is consistent with DCSL’s style and patterns.
What you’ll do:
- Lead technical aspects of complex projects, including code reviews and code architecture, ensuring the final product follows DCSL’s style and pattern;
- Managing with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring the quality of the end product;
- Provide reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process;
- Keep Solution Architects updated with cutting-edge development tools and methodologies;
- Produce a prototype/wireframe and/or writing user stories/functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe;
- Accurately report the project status at weekly management meetings;
- Mentor and manage a technical team, teaching others how to do complex coding.
Occasionally the Technical Architect may have to:
- Meet with customers to understand their requirements, but mostly this will be done by the Solution Architect;
- Participate in pre-sales activities;
- Travel to meet customers.
Experience & Skills:
- Expert knowledge of .NET (core), C#;
- Exceptional hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi and MVC;
- Deep experience and in-depth knowledge of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc;
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS;
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases;
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development;
- Very strong and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies;
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum;
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual.
The Role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers;
- Pragmatism when faced with issues;
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward;
- Superior development skills and the ability to identify reusable code opportunities;
- Handling customer interactions with patience and calmness.
Candidates have the option to work in our Central London or Farnborough office (within an hour’s commute of Kingston-Upon-Thames, Guildford, Basingstoke, Camberley, Woking, Aldershot, Bracknell, Fleet, Staines-Upon-Thames, Weybridge, Reading, SW London, and Maidenhead).
Salary & Benefits
Competitive annual salary (dependent on experience) and an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Tastecard+ membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET Core).
- Join a growing organisation to work with established IT experts to ensure your full potential
- As a Microsoft partner DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications (i.e. MCP, MCPD, MCAD & MCTS)
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.