DCSL Software are currently recruiting for a Solution Architect with a passion and flair for working directly with clients, helping them to define their requirements, and conceptually designing software. They will know what is and is not possible and will use this knowledge to help and guide clients.
What you’ll do:
Core tasks include:
- Conduct requirements gathering sessions with clients, sometimes in a consultative manner. These will predominantly be face to face, but on occasions may be conducted via video conference;
- Provide reliable development estimates throughout the requirement/specification process;
- Produce a prototype/wireframe and write user stories and/or functional specification documents to company standards within an agreed timeframe;
- Lead technical design sessions and write technical design documents when requested;
- Manage with QA the design and execution of test plans and regression tests and generally ensuring a quality solution is delivered;
- Accurately reporting the project status at weekly management meetings;
- Take ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of projects.
Occasionally the Solution Architect may have to:
- Participate in pre-sales activities;
- Conduct appraisals and other HR related duties;
- Travel to meet customers;
- Create the conceptual software design and then hand over to a Technical Architect for the in-depth development work.
Experience & Skills:
- Expert knowledge of .NET (core), C#;
- Hands on experience of ASP.NET (core) WebApi, MVC;
- Hands on experience of ORM systems such as EF (core), Dapper, nHibernate, etc;
- Good understanding of HTML5, CSS;
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server, TSQL, Stored Procedures and generally a very good understanding of relational databases;
- An understanding of Xamarin and mobile application development;
- Good and up to date understanding of Cloud environments (Azure, AWS, Google, IBM, etc), and related services/technologies;
- Working knowledge of Agile and particularly Scrum;
- Knowledge of good testing practice, automated and manual.
The role also requires:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to explain technical details/limitations clearly to customers;
- Pragmatism when faced with issues;
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and deliver within timelines;
- An ability to visualise and explain the difference between UX tools and their functionality, which can only come from a deep understanding of the various options;
- An ability to show empathy with customers and act calmly and professionally when faced with their frustrations if they arise.
Candidates have the option to work in our Central London or Farnborough office (within an hour’s commute of Kingston-Upon-Thames, Guildford, Basingstoke, Camberley, Woking, Aldershot, Bracknell, Fleet, Staines-Upon-Thames, Weybridge, Reading, SW London, and Maidenhead).
Salary & Benefits
Competitive annual salary (dependent on experience) and an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Tastecard+ membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET Core).
- Join a growing organisation to work with established IT experts to ensure your full potential
- As a Microsoft partner DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications (i.e. MCP, MCPD, MCAD & MCTS)
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.