Senior QA Analyst
About the Job
DCSL Software Ltd has an opening for a talented Senior QA Analyst to join our rapidly expanding team based in our Farnborough and Central London offices. Your ultimate responsibility will be to ensure the high quality of our applications, to further cement our position in the market as a quality software developer.
Core tasks include:
- Ensuring the technical direction of the QA team in liaison with the Lead QA ensuring that the team are aware of the importance of principles of good software design and development;
- Ensuring the features developed by the team are produced to the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time;
- Ensuring that the Agile Software Development Life Cycle is followed;
- Establishing good testing practices and strategies;
- Identifying any potential quality issues and escalate them to management where necessary;
- Ensuring that validated deliverables meet functional requirements and design specifications;
- Preparing test plans against Feature descriptions;
- Software testing and reporting bugs into a bug tracking system;
- Regression testing – as the software is built and tested in chunks. This can be achieved in some part with automated testing using test automation tools;
- Working across multiple projects;
- Supporting client testing (UAT) – liaising directly with the client and the development team;
- Responding to “bugs” identified by the customer – reproduction tests etc.;
- Change request testing;
- Change request documentation.
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience testing web-based or browser-based software;
- Commercial software testing experience;
- Knowledge of Selenium;
- High attention to detail – the most critical aspect of any tester;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Good communication skills and a level of confidence to deal with a busy developer team and customers;
- Technical knowledge of software “jargon”.
- Knowledge of C#;
- Experience using BDD / SpecFlow / Gherkin / Cucumber;
- Experience of Mobile Application Testing (Manual and Automated);
- Use of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Online (Azure Devops)
- Use of Device Farms such as BrowserStack;
- Load testing.
ISTQB/ ISEB Foundation
Salary and Benefits
Competitive annual salary dependent upon experience, with additional benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Tastecard Plus membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
Package dependent on skills and experience.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please apply below.