QA Engineer / Tester (Permanent)
A highly professional, hardworking and talented QA Engineer with a proven track record. The successful candidate will ensure systems are thoroughly tested to a high degree of quality and to an agreed deadline.
Your ultimate responsibility is to ensure the high quality of our applications, to further cement our position in the market as a quality software developer. This will be achieved as follows:
- Preparing test plans against functional specifications
- Software testing and reporting bugs into a bug tracking system
- Regression testing – as the software is built and tested in chunks. This can be achieved in some part with automated testing using test automation tools
- Juggling multiple projects
- Support client testing (UAT) – liaising directly with the client and the development team
- After go-live, responding to “bugs” identified by the customer – reproduction tests etc. Establishing whether it’s a bug, user error or “by design”
- Change request testing
- Change request documentation
- Updating specifications with change requests (plus additions/amendments to test plans etc)
- Assisting the help desk with support/bug issues
- Attention to detail – the most critical aspect of any tester.
- Organised and time management – lots of things going on, lots of projects, customers, people to deal with.
- Good communication skills and a level of confidence to deal with a busy developer team and sometimes difficult customers.
- Computer science background desirable.
- Technical knowledge of software “jargon”.
- Experience testing web-based or browser-based software.
- At least 1 year’s commercial software testing experience.
- Negotiable dependent on experience.
- Competitive holiday
- Training Budget available after 6 months continual service.
- Other benefits negotiable.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity please give me a call on 01252 235422 or drop me an email email@example.com.