We are currently looking for an experienced Finance Director join our rapidly growing company.
As Finance Director, you will provide a strong financial platform to enable continued growth and support the business with financial acumen. Financial planning and analysis are a critical function in the organisation and this position will be heavily involved in developing the plans. You will also manage the monthly forecast process and transaction processing functions including billing. You will report into the Managing Director, and the Financial Controller reports into the role directly.
What you’ll do:
- Working with the Board and MD to steer and meet all commercial objectives and results;
- Evaluating new opportunities for the business from a finance perspective;
- Involvement in commercial negotiations including review of commercial agreements and participation in corporate bids and tenders;
- Assisting with any Financial disputes with customers;
- Taking complete ownership for the group accounting function;
- Accountable for full range of finance duties including reporting, budgeting, planning, forecasting, cash and working capital management, compliance, cost control and risk management;
- Developing and providing business performance reports that enable business improvement;
- Designing and developing management reports, working with senior management to define and track key operational/financial metrics and performance analysis;
- Preparing monthly management reports emphasizing operational/financial performance metrics, historical results, budgets, forecasts, trends and other strategic information;
- Working closely with senior management, providing insightful analyses of revenue, utilisation, expenses and capital to help drive business activities toward achieving financial goals;
- Performing actual to budget/forecast variance analyses while highlighting risks/opportunities. Responsible for working capital management and performance;
- Attending management meetings and presenting detailed financial analysis and insight and knowledge where relevant to aid Board decisions;
- Ensuring that Company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth;
- Ensuring regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
Your experience should include:
- The ideal candidate will be a fully qualified accountant and ideally already experienced as either a Group Financial Controller, Finance Director, Head of Group Finance, or CFO;
- Proven ability to operate effectively in influencing and bringing financial and commercial priorities to decision making process is essential;
- You will be able to manage relationships at all levels within the business and to explain complex data and concepts to non-finance teams;
- You will have experience of working in a growing SME and taking accountability for your own growth and success is essential, and in working in the IT industry desirable;
- You will have experience in managing and developing staff and excellent knowledge of financial systems, advanced Excel and strong PowerPoint skills;
- You will be a highly motivated and self-directed individual able to demonstrate thought leadership and strong critical thinking;
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills are essential, as well as excellent communication skills.
This position will be based in our Head Office in Farnborough, Hampshire.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary information available upon application. Additional benefits including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer Matched Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Tastecard+ Membership – Save money on restaurants, cinema trips and days out!
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike
- Fitness activities – Weekly workout sessions, running club, football and other sports-related activities
- 1 day off a year for charity work of your choice
- Free refreshments – A range of hot and cold drinks available in our kitchen for you to enjoy
- Fresh fruit – Delivered weekly from local suppliers