We are looking for a Development Manager whose main purpose is to oversee the growth and development of our Software Developers. This is a busy and varied role, which requires good organisational skills. The successful candidate will have previous experience of managing a team and will be working with and reporting to the HR Director. They will also be passionate about developing and growing the people in their team, leading by example and caring about personal and team performance.
What you’ll do
Core tasks include:
- Facilitating an Agile development team
- Being the main point of contact for all Developers
- Recognising and promoting excellent performance, and addressing under-performance
- Identifying and supporting growth of talents, providing feedback and looking after people’s personal development
- Conducting annual and mid-year Appraisal reviews
- Focussing on supporting the business priorities
- Conducting Probation review meetings
- Guiding new hires through their on-boarding and induction process
- Collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure a joined-up approach to development of staff
Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Pragmatism when faced with issues
- Experience in performance evaluation and supporting a team in their individual growth
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to keep teams moving forward
- Organisational and administration skills
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- An awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle
Our Head Office in Farnborough, Hampshire is a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main Station and close to local amenities.
Initially this role may be remote, in-line with lock-down and social distancing guidelines, which will be consistently reviewed.
Salary & Benefits
Annual salary of up to £60,000 (dependent on experience) with an additional benefits package, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities
- Healthcare Scheme – Helping towards the costs of medical, dental, eye care and more
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness Cover
- Maternity Leave – Fantastic maternity leave allowance of 20 weeks full-pay, followed by 19 weeks of statutory pay (Paternity leave is 2 weeks full-pay)
- Dedicated learning hours and access to a Technology learning platform
- Tastecard+ Membership
- 1 extra day off a year, for charity work of your choice
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Want to cycle to work? We can help towards the cost of a new bike!
- Fitness activities (Various clubs and other sports-related activities as well as discounts on gym memberships)
- Free hot and cold refreshments
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly from local suppliers
- Pizza Fridays – After every company meeting, we order pizza!
- Social events and a range of other activities arranged throughout the year
Why join DCSL Software?
- Join a very established organisation, which is growing at a significant rate
- Outstanding career progression opportunities
- Relaxed working environment, with regular social events held throughout the year