Azure DevOps Engineer
About the Job:
We are currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team, to manage and scale our clients’ Azure based platforms and to streamline infrastructure and the provisioning of environments to minimise cost.
DCSL Software is a leading UK Software house, developing bespoke operational software, as well as SaaS Solutions. DCSL consistently delivers across all industries and into both established businesses and start-ups. The Company works with many well-known, household names, and has over two decades of successes and experiences to call upon.
Core tasks include:
- Defining and technically delivering a DevOps implantation roadmap; Infrastructure provisioning, configuration and automation (infrastructure as code);
- Building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for development and testing teams;
- Implementing DevOps tools for monitoring and performance management;
- Owning & resolving production issues;
- Orchestrating the end-to-end deployment process, ensuring that all aspects of go-live are considered;
- Investigating issue trends and devising solutions;
- Suggesting and driving forward infrastructure and tooling improvements that enable the business to confidently operate at pace;
- Working with the inhouse security team to proactively mitigate for malicious security risks and put in place a robust monitoring framework;
- Managing and supervising the risks in the business area, ensuring mechanisms are in place to identify, report, manage and mitigate risk;
- Responsible for automation & system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security;
- Working with technologies and cloud services to automate platforms and software deployments in a fast paced, scalable, secure and consistent manner;
- Managing and running production and non-production cloud platforms with no downtime to customers or staff;
- Evaluating architecture choices on an ongoing basis, in anticipation of increased scale and ever-evolving technology to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business.
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- 1-4 years of DevOps Experience;
- Azure (IaaS and PaaS);
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines (preferably in VSTS);
- Windows Administration and basic database (SQL Server) administration tasks;
- Proven Azure implementation/deployment experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery;
- Experienced with tooling such as Github, continuous deployment & Docker or equivalent;
- Extensive production experience using the Microsoft Azure technology stack, including: Web apps, traffic manager, functions, CDN, Application insights, pipelines, data bricks, storage & security.
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive annual salary dependent upon experience, with additional benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme
- Healthcare scheme
- Tastecard Plus membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- Join a growing organisation to work with established IT experts to ensure your full potential
- As a Microsoft partner DCSL support your professional development and will assist you in gaining or updating relevant Microsoft qualifications (i.e. MCP, MCPD, MCAD & MCTS)
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.