Apprentice Software Developer
DCSL Software has teamed up with Basingstoke College of Technology to deliver Apprenticeships in Software Development. As an Apprentice Software Developer, you will gain valuable work experience whilst learning the ins-and-outs of software development.
Why Join DCSL Software?
Through an apprenticeship with DCSL Software you will:
- Gain industry experience whilst working towards a recognised qualification in Software Development;
- Have the opportunity to work on full life-cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging;
- Work with the latest technologies in the Microsoft Development stack (i.e. .NET Core);
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities;
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.
What you’ll do:
As an Apprentice Software Developer, you will be learning to write high-quality, bespoke software code alongside our Technical Team, to develop web, desktop and mobile applications. You will be working on real, live projects and have the opportunity to work on all stages of the 360-degree software development lifecycle.
We create robust applications using the Microsoft Development Stack, various front-end web technologies and Xamarin for our mobile apps.
As an Apprentice Software Developer, you will learn:
- .Net/.Net core
- Unit Testing
We are looking for people with:
- Some previous experience with coding;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A passion for learning.
This position is located in our Farnborough office, which is close to the main town centre and a 10-minute walk from Farnborough Main train station.
Salary & Benefits
Alongside an annual salary of £18,000, you will also receive a fantastic benefits package, which includes:
- A £100 Amazon gift card upon successfully completing your Apprenticeship;
- 20 days holiday per year (plus Bank Holidays);
- Employer matched contributory pension scheme – Helping you to save for the future;
- Healthcare scheme – Assisting you in covering the cost of dental treatment, medical expenses and more;
- Tastecard+ membership – Get fantastic savings on restaurants, cinema trips and days out;
- Cycle to Work scheme – Want to cycle to work? Great! We’ll help you to save money on purchasing a new bicycle.
Apprenticeship Entry Requirements:
To qualify for an Apprenticeship with DCSL Software, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 16 and NOT in full-time education;
- Live in England and be eligible to work in the UK;
- Hold a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSE);
- Must have some previous knowledge of coding.
For more information on Apprenticeships, visit Basingstoke College of Technology’s website.