Agile Project Coordinator
About the Job
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Agile Project Coordinator. The Agile Project Coordinator will help the project teams to manage resources and information and assist with the scheduling and planning of meetings and project activities. The Agile Project Coordinator role includes additional duties such as Scrum Master and requires expertise in this area.
Core tasks include:
- Organising, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings;
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings;
- Ensuring project deadlines are met, working closely with a project manager;
- Participating in the development of project strategies with the team leaders;
- Ensuring the correct use of scrum process and guiding the teams on how to use the DCSL Scrum practices;
- Being responsible for and facilitating the daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings and any other team meetings;
- Assisting with estimating and planning, making sure each team member keeps the Backlog data up to date in order to create useful and reliable development plans;
- Forecasting the numbers of Product Backlog Items possible in an iteration based on the plan’s estimations and the team abilities;
- Helping teams or individuals in clarifying the development goals and the actions to achieve them. Facilitating getting the work done without dictating the work to do to each team member;
- Tracking and removing impediments and shielding the teams from distractions and interferences from other projects;
- Assisting with communication within the team and reporting to management in order to improve transparency.
Candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a SCRUM Master. Certified SCRUM Master would be an advantage, but not a necessity;
- A deep understanding of the full software development lifecycle including Agile delivery methodologies with the ability to mentor, motivate and shape high performing teams;
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools: Agile Project Management tools such as Azure DevOps (previously known as VSTS or TFS Online)
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of MS Office packages, including proficiency in Word and Excel
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands;
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels.
Candidates have the option to work in our Central London or Farnborough office (within an hour’s commute of Kingston-Upon-Thames, Guildford, Basingstoke, Camberley, Woking, Aldershot, Bracknell, Fleet, Staines-Upon-Thames, Weybridge, Reading, SW London, and Maidenhead).
Why Join DCSL Software?
- Opportunity to work on full life cycle development projects that are fast paced, interesting and technically challenging
- Join a very established organisation with outstanding career progression opportunities
- Work with Blue Chip clients, creating software to a great standard.
Package dependent on skills and experience.